Monday, February 19, 2007

Moderate Home Makeover

Since our house is going to be appraised for fair market value in the near future, we spent our day yesterday detrashing and fixin’up. The previous owners abandoned an assortment of empty beer bottles, McDonald’s toys, beauty product fliers and toxic chemicals when they left. We’ve just been stacking it all in the shop and ignoring it. Yesterday we hauled 760 pounds of trash to the dump (fear not, we did not mess with the hazardous stuff).

After that we worked on scrubbing the upstairs kitchen cabinets so we can get them painted and reassembled. This morning I was feeling muscles I didn’t even know I had.

With the lovely weather yesterday I did manage to get some pictures. One of Mr. M’s coworkers is moving away and she sold us this lovely tiger oak set. Of course Mr. M spotted the pieces first. He has an eye for high quality items. I was a little hesitant as I have never owned a piece of furniture that didn’t have an obvious function. Couch to sit on. Coffee table to put coffee mug on. Bed to sleep on. A petite writing desk was not on my list of necessary furniture items. But now that we’ve got them home I am enjoying them so much. The people who sold them to us graciously did so at a cost a young couple could afford.


Next we’re off to spend the rest of the long weekend celebrating a special family event.

No comments: