Monday, March 28, 2011
this monster I tried the magic loop knitting technique for the first time. When I told Mr. M about my intrepid feat he said... "All knitting is magic loop to me. You go *makes motion with hands* and POOF there's a sweater." Which reminds me, the other day he picked up the mail for me, and one of my fiber club packages came. He knew what it was, so he held it up and told me "I got your hair ball." He's a keeper :)
These little hands are busy!
Her hair is growing in golden brown.
She has her mama's eyebrows.
She LOVES to chew on things.
She blows spit bubbles (ewwwww...)
Her hair is just long enough in the back to make a curl that sticks up from her cowlick.
She can roll onto her side if she wants to, but shows no further inclination to try turning over (except for the night before last when she flipped off the sleeping pad... thankfully only 3 inches down to the floor)
Baths aren't so bad after all. Especially if you can splash Daddy.
Speaking of which... she loves it when Daddy is home. She watches him so carefully and smiles :)
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Thursday, March 3, 2011
I love to troll the web for goodies (ahem) and I thought I would share some of the lovely Etsy shops I've come across lately. Today I'm happy to write about woodenbuttons, an Estonian business that crafts charming buttons out of European woods.
What to Love:
- amazing woods... apple tree, rowan tree, Siberian pea shrub. Some of these have grain like I've never seen before.
- buttons in range of sizes (0.8 to 2.2 in), including some of the largest on Etsy!
- reasonable prices.
- buttons are sold in sets... so you have enough coordinating buttons for a project.
- what you see is what you get. I love listings where the pictures aren't just representative.
- each is one of a kind, slightly irregular in color and shape. Gives a natural, simple feel.
- smooth edges.
- a variety of shapes... toggle, round, triangular.
- pre-oiled and ready to use.
- friendly service (I convo-ed, Valdur got right back to me)
What to know:
- This is a relatively new shop (as of this writing 12 sales, 100% positive feedback).
- It may take 2-3 weeks for your buttons to arrive in North America.
- I have made one purchase from this shop. I have no other connection with it ;)
big, toothless smiles
a full body wiggle of joy
crying to communicate displeasure
much, much less screaming (as long as mommy avoids soy, wheat, dairy, garlic, onions & peppers... etc. etc.)
finally able to operate those hands
can such on the thumb, rather than the whole hand
trying to crawl, but moving backwards
rolling from front to back, sometimes
loves singing, silly faces, silly noises
desperately wants to chew on everything... and sometimes finds it easies to fall forward on a toy with an open mouth rather than grab at it
has slept 5 hours in a row (at least once)
doesn't need to be walked every night
wants to play, wants to watch, wants to go with you everywhere
still has most of that hair