Thursday, March 3, 2011

Etsy Review: woodenbuttons

wooden buttons

I love to troll the web for goodies (ahem) and I thought I would share some of the lovely Etsy shops I've come across lately. Today I'm happy to write about woodenbuttons, an Estonian business that crafts charming buttons out of European woods.

What to Love:
  • amazing woods... apple tree, rowan tree, Siberian pea shrub. Some of these have grain like I've never seen before.
  • buttons in range of sizes (0.8 to 2.2 in), including some of the largest on Etsy!
  • reasonable prices.
  • buttons are sold in sets... so you have enough coordinating buttons for a project.
  • what you see is what you get. I love listings where the pictures aren't just representative.
  • each is one of a kind, slightly irregular in color and shape. Gives a natural, simple feel.
  • smooth edges.
  • a variety of shapes... toggle, round, triangular.
  • pre-oiled and ready to use.
  • friendly service (I convo-ed, Valdur got right back to me)

What to know:

  • This is a relatively new shop (as of this writing 12 sales, 100% positive feedback).
  • It may take 2-3 weeks for your buttons to arrive in North America.
  • I have made one purchase from this shop. I have no other connection with it ;)

No comments: