Wednesday, January 23, 2008

All Quiet On the Western Front

Well, it was a pretty good day. The sunshine was out, I finished a longstanding but boring sewing project (guest room duvet cover) using my newest crafty tools (rotary cutter & mat) and I got a nice walk to the grocery store to pick up the ingredients for a new recipe "Green Salad with Roast Chicken & Sweet Potato" from Martha Stewart Living, Feb, 2005 (free from the library discard bin). It is one of those recipes where you brown the meat on the stove top before putting it into the oven. I have a Dutch oven pan that I usually use for soup and such and this was my first chance to put it through its paces. The only thing I was concerned about was the temptation to grab it by the handles after it came out of the oven. And despite my foresight, I did it - grabbed the 400 degree pan with my bare hands that is. Naturally, I didn't hold onto it for very long, so the damage wasn't too bad. I now have a nice row of blisters across the fingers of both hands though. Guess there's not too much more to say about that - I think I'll go eat something chocolate now.

2 comments:

Elemmaciltur said...

Ouch! Hope your hand gets better soon.

Octopus Knits said...

Ouch! That is not a fun situation... hope you heal quickly.