Friday, April 11, 2008

Another Fiber Friday

Insect Wings

Hello Yarn Fiber Club "Insect Wings" 5 oz BFL, approx 120 yds (used one oz to sample). I went for the low twist single and made it work (um... too much project runway). Turned up the uptake, used my largest whirl. Was almost too successful. I had some trouble with the yarn drifting apart as I skeined it up. I plan to strengthen it a by felting it a little when I wash it.

Insect Wings Sampling

My other plying samples. Although the colors are lovely no matter what... they seem more striking in the single. For the rest of these I'll let you click on them if you want links to more info...

Deep Water

Red Velvet

Red Velvet II

2 comments:

Octopus Knits said...

I definitely approve of your choice to make a single ply with those lovely colors! The fiber-in-waiting is really beautiful.

Anonymous said...

These photos are gorgeous - I love the colors!